Thursday, May 9, 2013

Things You Say that Make Me Uninterested in Speaking with You

I posted a status to my Facebook that touched on the subject, but I really wanted to expand on that.


I'm trying very much to be a more laid back person, and accept that people really do have different lives.  You like Twilight?  Good for you for reading those huge books.  Oh, you like Nickleback?  We'll probably never hang out, but whatever.  That's you.

But there are just some things that people do and say that just puts the breaks on my interest in ever holding a conversation or hanging out with you.  And here they are.

  • "Sheeple".  Yes, people do things that are "in" simply because they are popular.  The Harlem Shake is one example.  But you know what, sometimes people just like Katy Perry. Using the word "sheeple" doesn't make you smarter than such-and-such group of people. 
  • Cursing in place of actual words.  I'm a fan of the cuss words.  I don't care. I don't, however, let them replace cleverness in what I have to say.  They're more of an emphasis on the point that I'm trying to make.  Abuse them and you just look like trash.
  • Calling people who voted for the candidate opposite of yours dumb (or "sheeple").  They have different opinions and see things in another light.  Get over it.  Yes, you want to educate that person on the issues your party support, but being rude (or posting rude ass Facebook shit) seriously discredits anything you say.
  • "You don' have kids because you're selfish."  Fuck you.  Having duplicates of yourself running around is probably the MOST selfish thing in the history of selfishness.  I don't have kids because I'm not ready to teach someone how to wipe its own ass.
  • "Slut".  A slutty woman is one with the sex life of a man, apparently.
  • "Jenna Marbles is not funny."  Friendship: over. Jenna Marbles is a National fucking treasure.
  • "No vegetables."  Seriously, what kind of grown up doesn't eat vegetables?
  • "I believe in Such-and-Such religion, and everyone else is wrong."  You have your belief, that's wonderful.  I don't think you'd love it as much if I told you that God is as real as Santa Claus.  Pipe the fuck down.
  • If you are rude to anyone in the service industry, not only do I not want to talk to you, but I want you dead.  End. Your. Life.
  • Seriously believing that your level of education makes you better than those who do not have the same.
  • Seriously believing that because you read for fun, you're smarter than those who do not.  Reading for fun only means that you're literate.  Good for you.
  • "Harry Potter is stupid."  Okay, this one is personal. 
Did I miss anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment