Thursday, August 7, 2014

Autumn is for Lovers

I'm not a Summer girl. Not even close.  Here in Iowa, the summer can be just unbearable.  Hot, humid days make me want to stay inside with my air conditioning.  Yes, it's beautiful outside.  Yes, the sun is shining.  But no, I don't like it.

Autumn, now that's my jam.  Bring on the cardigans and corduroy. Bring on the pumpkin spice everything and rich, hearty chili.  The changing leaves, the brisk crispness of the air.  I love it all. 

I can't wait to go to apple orchards and pumpkin patches. I can't wait for Beggar's Night, even though I'm an adult and I have to work.  I can't wait for Halloween parties and awesome costumes.

Fun Fact: Both Mogs were born in October, almost exactly one year apart. 

I'm already scouring online for cords and cardis. I'm already looking forward to taking the AC unit out of my window and sleeping with the windows open.  I'm definitely looking forward to not needing to mow my lawn!

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving!  Definitely the best of all American holidays. 

I'm looking forward to regular season NFL games (Go Lions! Defend the Den!).

I can't wait for cider and hot cocoa.

Bring it on, Autumn.  I'm waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment