Monday, August 4, 2014

Magical Tattoo of my Dreams

I've been pretty stuck on what to write here.

I asked my lovely Facebook Friends to give me a topic.  And I so received!   What tattoo, if free and licked on by kittens, would I want.  And why.

First, licked on by kittens (please get the reference!) because I am TERRIFIED of needles.  Butterfly needles make me cry.  Like a little baby. Which is the primary reason I don't have any tattoos.  That, and I'm pretty indecisive. 

I do, however, have one idea that's been with me for a while.  A wonderful, magical idea.  That's an homage to Harry Potter. 

Most of you know my love for HP.  I'm a total nerd, and I don't care who knows it.  The Harry Potter series is like a patronus charm for the dementors in my life.  So, it's only natural that if I ever get a tattoo, it'll be Harry Potter based. 

Not a lightning bolt or even a Deathly Hallows sign.  No, I'd have an owl.  Delivering my letter.  A massive chest piece of a barn owl in flight, wings stretching from shoulder to shoulder, my Salem letter clutched in one claw.  Salem School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  I'm not European, so obviously I wouldn't have gone to Hogwarts. 
 

It would done in black and gray.  I love the aesthetic of black and gray, just so seemingly simple.  But not at all.  And it would have green eyes.  Another homage to the books, something the movies couldn't do.  

I also love simplistic versions of the Voldemort's Horcruxes, themselves.  Professor Quirrell (his soul, anyway), Tom Riddle's Diary, Marvolo Gaunt's Ring, Salazar Slytherin's Locket, Helga Hufflepuff's Cup, Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem, and finally Harry Potter himself.  A small symbol to represent the mission through each year of the series.

Regarding the artist, I don't know who I'd choose.  I don't know any, personally.  What I do know, is they'd better be proficient in kitten-licked ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment