Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Binge Watching and Crochet

Confession:  I've lived in my house since October or November of 2013, and I only recently got internet installed.  In July.

Before then, I was "borrowing" a neighbor's WiFi.  Frankly, if you don't put a password on it, you're asking people to use it.  I watched Dexter.  All of it, in a few weeks.  And I thought that was excessive.  Dexter has eight seasons, 96 total episodes.  At 50 minutes each, I spent 80 hours watching serial killing. 

Since having the internet installed, my binge watching has been... excessively excessive?  I've watched:

  • Five seasons of Top Chef (not the first one, Katie Lee Joel is annoying.),  16 episodes per season, approximately 45 minutes each. 60 hours.
  • All eight seasons of Weeds.  109 episodes at approximately 28 minutes each.  51 hours.
  • All three seasons of Louie currently available on Netflix. 40 episodes at approximately 20 minutes each.  13 hours.
  • All five seasons of Breaking Bad. 62 episodes at approximately 45 minutes each. 46 hours.
  • Season three of Scandal. 18 episodes, 45 minutes each. 13 hours.
  • Two episodes of Portlandia, season three.  45 minutes.
  • Ten episodes of Say Yes to the Dress, season one.  20 minutes each, 3 hours.
  • American Psycho. 1 hour, 41 minutes.
  • Thelma and Louise. 2 hours, 9 minutes.
  • Three TED Talks. 55 minutes
  • The Mighty Ducks. 1 hour, 45 minutes.
  • Four episodes of The X Files (my next binge watching target.  I feel like I was too young to appreciate it when it was on, and since Netflix has all seasons, I'm making the commitment now.) 45 minutes each, 3 hours.
That's about 197 hours of Netflix and Hulu Plus watched since July 15th.  Not even a full month.  There are 720 hours in a month.  Yeah, I have a problem.

To be fair, though, I do stuff while I'm watching TV.  Crochet a lot.  I'm working on a blanket for a soon-to-be born Miss Aria Jones.  I actually had to start over, but I'll have it done before she's born.  In about a week.  Hopefully.

I also do dishes, laundry, cook, read emails (and other internet based things), organize my crochet basket.  Mostly crochet.  But I do things that are moderately productive.  I do mini "workouts" while watching, too.  I write this blog!

But mostly, I have a problem.  If I read that much, I'd be finished with The Magicians and probably The Magician King.  I used to read that much.

So with a mog on either side of me on my new couch, I'm sitting here watching The X Files.  Join me?  No?  That's okay, too.

I can't wait for the Fall TV Season to start.  New Scandal!  And I can't wait to see what's in store for Huckleberry Quinn.  New Revenge! New Grey's Anatomy!

Oh, and there are a slew of movies coming to Netflix this month.  Yay! More bingeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment