Monday, June 3, 2013

Dear Marilyn Manson

I will occasionally write open letters to the world, and this one is to my beloved Marilyn Manson.

I have literally grown up listening to your music, Mr. Manson.  And I thank you from the depths of my little girl lost soul for each word that got me through something that I could never have dealt with on my own.  You truly have saved my life several times over.  You're a poet and a artist unlike any other.  However, a few things have happened over the last few years that I'd like to discuss.

Let's start with the recent collaboration with Gucci Mane. You're rapping?  Rapping.  No.  Stop that shit IMMEDIATELY.  It's like watching our parents listen to Antichrist Superstar.  It's happening, you don't know how it happened, but it should be stopped right away.  Seriously.  No one wants to look back at your career and happen to not see the ground that you broke for musicians and artists, because of a shitty rap song you did to make yourself feel better about being less relevant than you were 15 years ago.  I still love you.  But this has to stop.  It's cringe worthy.  

Also, just stop the collabos with unnecessary artists in general.  Fuck Lady Gaga.  Stop this shit.

 Second, please don't ever Taylor Swift again.  No one wants to listen to you cry about Evan Rachel Wood's vagina.  We, the fans, do really care about your well being and happiness.  You've given us so much, you need something for yourself.  Go get your happiness.  But for fuck's fucking sake, stop singing about it.  It's not very good.  We need your anger.  We need your wrath.  We need to worship at the Church of Marilyn Manson, whose very nature is beastly and vicious.  Eat Me, Drink Me was a load of crybaby nonsense. 

Don't ever lose Twiggy again.  Seriously, bro?  Seriously, the guy who wrote your biggest hits should be your BFF.  He's talented and fucking sexy.  Do not ever let him go. Again. 

Nothing is shocking anymore.  You don't need to try.  You are Marilyn Manson.  Just be the same Bible-tearing, assless-chaps-wearing, dirty fucking rockstar that you are.  Remember that you have something to say.  Being shocking for the sake of the shock isn't at all shocking.  It's just lame.

Remember that when we're young, we're anti-establishment.  Then we get older and become the establishment, so we become anti-self.  Nine Inch Nails aged gracefully. Also, be friends with Trent Reznor.  For the sake of humanity.  (oooooh, I'd see that tour a million times.)

Again, I love you, Marilyn Manson.  I'm waiting for your phoenix-like rebirth.  Waiting for big things to happen again.  Get your ass back in that arena.  You can do it.  I believe in you.

Love Lizzy.

(PS - Fred seems to be a keeper.  Don't fuck it up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment