Sunday, March 31, 2013

Unforgettable Quotes

I'll admit this much:
I am a Quoter. 

I quote movies, songs, books, whatever.  I also quote insurance policies, but that's not what this post is about.  This post will be full of just a few of my favorites.


"This isn't life, it's just stuff." - Lester Burnham, American Beauty.

"Look at all the fucks I give."


I have loved this movie since I was too young to understand much of it.  This line really defines the whole movie to me.  Lester was this working stiff guy with a ball busting wife and an ungrateful daughter who, one day, just had e-fucking-nough. This line is a reminder to me that I can't forget to just live my own life. 






“So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall.”  - Roald Dahl.


Read all of the books!

How I love Dahl!  This is something I try to live by.  Reading and writing were my first forms of entertainment.  These days, I get so lazy with marathons of New Girl and, more recently, The Mindy Project.  I couldn't imagine how much TV I'd watch if Friends was on Hulu or Netflix.  There would be some serious atrophy going on. 








"Pain is an illusion." - Tool, from Parabol/Parabola.


 

This is hands down, one of my favorite songs.  They lyrics are just so brutal and beautiful.  It's a sweeping reminder that the pain I'm feeling is only temporary, and that life is wonderful simply because I have it.   This whole album is epic, but this one song sums it all up for me.  It sums up my love for Tool, even.



"I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all." - Coco Chanel.


"LOL, bitches."

What. A. Bitch!  I love it.  Live like this.  Who gives two fucks about your (my) spare tire or your (my) deep love of 90s music and choreographed dance routines?  Oh, you do? Well, who fucking cares!  I'm too busy trying to remember the dance moves to Tearin' Up My Heart to think about what you're thinking about. Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment