Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Random Topic: Marriage

Note: The original topic was only Prop8, but I totally go off on a tangent about marriage in general.

Fuck. Prop 8.

Seriously.  Fuck it.



These are the questions that I would like answered from the dipshits who have voted for Prop 8, and the dumbasses in other states who would support a similar vote.

  • What kind of free country doesn't have equal rights for all of its citizens?
  • Did you know that America was founded on the principle of religious freedom?
  • What's next?  Take away my right to vote?  Ban interracial marriages? 
  • Are you a fucking moron? 

And so, so many more.

I can't even wrap my mind around the so-called logic of Prop 8.  Who gives two fucks if two adults want to be married?  Who gives a fuck if three or four want to get married? 

Yes, I support Plural Marriages in instances where all parties are willing.  How can a dude getting 11 different women pregnant and not caring for or knowing any of the children legal, but a committed, loving relationship between three adults is not?  I'm guessing that those Plural Families aren't the ones on welfare.  (Also, fuck the ones who are.  The brainwashing, culty assholes who fuck the system over and rape little girls.  Fuck those guys.)

Marriage is a bond between grown-ups who love each other so much, they never want to be a part.  I'm sorry I had to dumb that down for some folks, but there it is.  Yes, sometimes it doesn't work out.  Sometimes, love fucking sucks.  Sometimes, I want to fucking shank you and bandage your wounds in hot sauce and wasabi.    But love is wonderful, and everyone should get to have it.

And everyone should get to visit their sick loved one while they're in the hospital.  Everyone should get to have a big fabulous party to celebrate that fucking love forever.  Everyone.  Not just the boys and girls who are into the opposite set of genitals.  Every adult person.  Everyone should get the chance to want to really choke the shit out of their mate if they don't stop leaving the cupboard doors open, for fuck's sake.

I just don't get how anyone can be against love.  I also don't get those morons who assume the next step after letting two men marry is letting a man and a donkey or toaster or Anime character get married.  What?  Makes. No. Sense.  At all.

Now, I'm not married.  I'm a white, straight female in 2013.  Fortunately, I don't experience much discrimination based on those things.  Why should people like me care?  Because I'm a human.  I refuse to sit by and allow the rights that I have be stripped from others.   Because I know if some rights are at stake, they all are.

Also, to Bob Vander Plaats:  I hope you get cancer in your ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment