Friday, April 26, 2013

My Favorite Pet

This is another Random Topic.

Obviously, my favorite pet is a dog.  As I've written in a previous post No, You May Not Pet My Dog, I have two.  Well, I have Mogs, actually.  I have always had a dog, and I can't imagine my house not having one.  Dogs are the members of your family who are always super pumped to see you.  Why would you not want that?  Unless you're allergic (get meds, ya pansy) or heartless, you want a dog.



My first dog was a mutt of a terrier, Pebbles.  Yes, Pebbles as in The Flintstones.  We also had a Poodle mix named Boots, but she wasn't mine.  Pebbles was mine, and I LOVED her.  She was awesome, but basically untrainable.  When I moved, we couldn't have a dog, so my parents took her to the Animal Rescue League.  I vowed then that I ever had a dog again, it would be for life.  No matter what.

I was then dogless, though sheltered a few cats until about five years ago.  I say sheltered a cat, because if you have ever had a cat in your home, you KNOW that you can never own cat.  Fuck you, it's a cat.  Cats are so motherfucking elite, compared to humans, you don't even know.  If you died in front of your cat, he would just annoyed because he wants to play with you now.  And then he'll eat you. 

 
+

= A Mog


Now I have my Mogs.  My Tiny Precious and my Fat Boy. Zula and Whineosaur.  Meegs and Boscifer.  Boston Terriers.  One is from a breeder, one is from a rescue.  I love my Mogs.  They're so much better than children, as you can't kennel your kid.  I guess you could, but don't.  Don't ever do that.  They're less expensive, and they usually do what they're told.  Even if Sebastian only sits on the edge of his "chair", because fuck you, he's still technically on it.  I don't mind the expense of food and vet care.  It's an easy trade off for the daily hilarity of owning a dog. 

Dogs are pretty much the greatest thing that has ever existed, ever.  Who else is so seriously fucking pumped that you're FINALLY home from work?  What other animal (or person, for that matter) is just psyched about going outside in the same backyard they go to everyday? Have you ever tried to put a collar on a cat?  "LOL, sucka" said the cat.  Dogs will SIT DOWN and wait for you to do it, if it means perhaps going for a walk.

Dogs: Infinity.  Everything else: Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment